Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To do list

Thankful today for the last minute cleaning job that will enable me to complete my Thanksgiving shopping list, and still have a few bucks leftover.

Apples
Onions
Herbs
Brussel Sprouts
Celery
Frozen Pie crust (Cheating. Totally. Did I mention how I hate to bake?)
Bread for stuffing. I turned my nose up at Stove Top the other day, thinking, gheezh....once a year, make a real stuffing for crying out loud. But there I will be today, purchasing frozen pie crust. Touche'.
Stock
Figs
Thin mint wafers, in honor of my Nanny.
Tempted to buy walnuts. I have memories of a nut tray. But really, that would be a waste.
Candles
hor dourves
Actually, I will let David pick up those on Wednesday. Along with the....
Prosecco, or maybe Beaujolais Nouveau. Or both.

OK, so I clearly must edit my list, if I want to have a couple of bucks left over.
Off to prepare. The grey weather seems to help. Not sure why.

Thankful for my free turkey too. Did I mention that?


"Easy Skillet Apple Pie" I will be attempting to re-create. We'll see about that. Just double checked the recipe, and it calls for refrigerated pie dough!!!!
And it has, beneath the bottom crust, a butter and brown sugar yummy mixture. Oh my!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I skipped the nuts this year (also a big memory for me), only to have my better half bring some home when he picked up beer for himself the other night. "I know you don't think it's the holidays without them" he said.
    Love that man.

    ReplyDelete